Monday, January 21, 2013

Inauguration 2013

The boys and I grabbed our popcorn and watched President Obama's inauguration.  We pulled out our book on Washington, D.C. and found all of the buildings that they showed on T.V: the White House, the Capitol Building, the Washington Monument, and the Lincoln Memorial.  The especially loved seeing all of the American Flags.  I am enjoying teaching our boys about citizenship and leadership!  We decided to have our own swearing-in ceremony...
"I, James Hilty, do solemnly swear to be a good citizen of our house, to obey my mom and dad
and respect everyone.  I promise to be a good big brother and love Leyson and Lena." 
"I, Leyson, promise to be a good listener and love my mommy and daddy and James and Lena and be respectful and obedient."
AMEN!

1 comment:

  1. Love the swearing in!!!! Hey, you remember all the state flags you had to draw and color for one of your projects? Where is that picture?

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts make me happy :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...